Key IntelliJ IDEA Facts
IntelliJ IDEA, the award-winning Java IDE, is designed to improve developer productivity. Its intelligent editor, code analyzer, and powerful set of refactorings support a wide range of programming languages, frameworks and technologies, and are ready to use right out of the box.
Key IntelliJ IDEA Benefits
- Allows developers focus on development and takes care of all routine tasks.
- Lets write, debug, refactor, test and learn your code without a hitch.
- Seamlessly handles mixed code base of Java, Ruby, Groovy, Python, and Scala.
- Automatically maintains the code quality.
- Tracks and fixes errors on all levels – from statements to the overall architecture.
- Produces clean, fast performing code in least time.
- Designed to work on projects of all scale – from individual to enterprise-grade.
- Supports all major languages, technologies and frameworks.
- Works with popular version control systems and TeamCity, the continuous integration server.
Key IntelliJ IDEA Features
Intelligent Coding Assistance
- Smart Code Completion
- 600+ Code Inspections with On-the-fly Code Analysis
- Intelligent Quick-Fixes
- Automatic Code Generation and Styling
Consistent Support for Languages, Technologies and Application Servers
- Supports deployment and remote debugging for WebLogic, WebSphere, Glassfish, Geronimo, Tomcat, JBoss and any JSR-45 compatible application server.
Code Quality Maintenance
- 60+ Cross-language Refactorings
- Dependency Analysis
- Code Duplicates Detection
- Integrated Code Coverage, with JUnit/ TestNG
Integrated Team Environment
- Version Control Integrations: Perforce, ClearCase, Subversion, CVS, Visual SourceSafe, TFS, Git and Mercurial
- Eclipse and Maven Interoperability
- JetBrains TeamCity Integration
- Mac OS X 10.5 or higher, up to 10.7 (Lion)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (incl.64-bit)/Vista/2003/XP
- GNOME or KDE desktop
- 1 GB RAM minimum, 2 GB RAM recommended
- 300 MB hard disk space + at least 1 GB for caches
- 1024x768 minimum screen resolution
- JDK 1.6 or higher